insurance & private pay
Accepting New Clients
Therapy is one of the most valuable investments you will ever make!
Insurance Plans Accepted
I contract with a local counseling group that accepts the insurance plans below. I provide the therapy and they process the billing. Please contact me to learn more.
Aetna • Anthem BC/BS PPO • Carleon (Beacon) • Cigna/Evernorth • Colorado Access • CO Community Health Alliance • Denver Health • First Health Network/Confinity • Friday Health Plans • Health First Colorado Medicaid • iMatter/Signal • Kaiser HMO • MINES & Associates • MultiPlan PHCS • Rocky Mountain Health Plans • CO Crime Victim Comp Program
Standard Private Pay Rate Per Hour for Individual Therapy
$110 • 55–60 minutes | $150 • 90 minutes | $200 • 120 minutes
Income-Based, Sliding Scale Rates Per Hour for Individual Therapy
35–45K • $70 | 45–55K • $80 | 55–65K • $90 | 65–75K • $100
* Your rate will be determined based on TOTAL annual household income and other qualifications. Please contact me for details.
** NOTE: In the state of Colorado, mental health clinicians are strictly prohibited from accepting OUT-OF-POCKET payments from clients who HAVE MEDICAID. Clinicians are subject to severe penalty if this regulation is violated. Failure to disclose to me that you have Medicaid while receiving my services under a private pay fee agreement will result in IMMEDIATE TERMINATION. If you have MEDICAID, I can provide you with psychotherapy through my contract with a local counseling center. See below.
Forms of Payment Accepted for Private Pay Sessions
I accept debit, credit, and cash payments. All card payments are generally processed the same day service is provided. Active debit or credit card information is required to be stored on file with Simple Practice, which is HIPAA compliant, prior to the first appointment. Monthly statements are provided for your tax records.
All appointment cancellations must be communicated by phone or text only; no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled session time. Cancellations made within 24-hours of a scheduled appointment WILL BE CHARGED the full fee documented in your signed service rate agreement; unless the appointment is rescheduled for a date within the following three business days. Services are subject to discontinuation after three (3) cancellations without a 24-hour notice, within a 6-month period.
Not arriving/appearing for an appointment is considered a "no-show". Arriving/appearing 15 minutes or more after the scheduled appointment time is also considered a "no-show", and the session will not be conducted. The client WILL BE CHARGED their full rate for any "no-show". Therapy services will be subject to discontinuation after three (3) "no-shows within a 3-month period.
Good Faith Estimate
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost. Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
• You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
• Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
• If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
• Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
For questions about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call the Colorado Division of Insurance at 303-894-7490 or 1-800-930-3745.